Wednesday 21 October 2015

Cherry Bakewell Weetabix Muffins

Last week I went to Costa Coffee and while I was in the queue for my coffee I couldn’t help but look at the cakes - they all looked really good.  Don’t know about anyone else but I often play the ‘before my diet what would I have eaten/done’ which entertains me still so I looked at the cakes and tried to decide what ‘old me’ would have had.  The Bakewell Tart won, although flapjack was a very close runner up and so was….ooopsie, I digress.  

As you know, I’m all about making this diet not a diet so I decided that if I really wanted a Bakewell Tart then I could have one but maybe I could make it something that didn’t use a lifetimes worth of syns.

Every morning I have blueberry and apple Weetabix muffins, so I’ve tweaked them to be Cherry Bakewell Weetabix Muffins and I have to say they’re really, really yummy.  I’ve shared this morning’s debut batch to a chorus of thumbs ups so I guess I’m on to a winner.  

By the way, a portion is four muffins but I'd already eaten one when I took the photo!!!!

Cherry Bakewell Weetabix Muffins

Note of caution, whilst relatively low for a big serving, unlike the plain muffins they are not syn free.

As I’ve a few different types of them now so a summary and links to their recipes would be:

Orange and ginger – syn free
Apple and blueberry vanilla – 1 syn for four muffins
Chocolate orange – 2 syns for five muffins
Cherry Bakewell – 3 syns for four muffins

I hope you enjoy them!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment