Tuesday 13 October 2015

One Pot Salmon and Roasted Mediterranean Veg

I love salmon and fresh veg but seem to have gotten into a rut of baking the salmon and serving with stir fry veg so decided to try something new.  It’s baby new potatoes, the veg I had in the fridge and added salmon.  It’s a one pot meal, it was really tasty and incredibly simple.

OK, it takes a little more time than I’d hoped but that’s balanced by a lack of washing up so I’m still happy.  Basically the meal is made in three steps:
  1. Cooking the potatoes
  2. Adding the veg and cooking again
  3. Adding the salmon and cooking again
Clearly it’s not rocket science and I got on with other things as this meal needs no watching and no real effort.  Chop put in pot, chop put in pot and put in pot.  That’s pretty much it and having to wait an hour wasn’t the end of the world.  I liked the fact that it was all bite sized and I could sit on the sofa and watch NCIS as I ate it.  Not very sophisticated but I enjoyed it!

We’ve been talking in class about mixing meals up and how that seems to boost weight loss.  I think it’s worth thinking about.  I know it’s not a technical argument but I think new foods keeps our bodies guessing (as well as providing the variety or vitamins and minerals we need) and whilst I acknowledge that it’s not super different, it did give me some carbs which I don’t have often and was a welcome change for my taste buds as much as anything else.

I’ve a few friends that have been on diets for a while and have become so bored of eating the same things that they’ve given up and the weight is creeping back on, so in an effort to not do that I’ll continue to mix it up and share the successes and disasters along the way!

If you want to try the one pot salmon it’s super easy and the recipe is here.


Kathy xx

One pot salmon & roasted veg

No comments:

Post a Comment