Tuesday 29 September 2015

A Faux Taste of the Caribbean

I’ve been making Faux-Ribos (fake Haribis) for a while now and try new flavor combinations when I can but a recent trip to Asda inspired me when I found a Muller Light I’ve never seen before – coconut with a hint of lime.  I used lime sugar free jelly and made tropical faux-ribos which were lime and coconut flavor.

Ok, I’m not a huge coconut fan but have to say they’re really good!  I also tried them on another non-coconut lover who liked them too.  Yes, I admit this does beg the question ‘why make them if no one likes coconut’ but they’re worth a try and yup – thumbs up.  I’ve been asked to take them to group tonight where a selection of probably more non-coconut fans will give them a yes!

For us Slimming World people, an entire batch is 3 syns, the photo below is about 1 syn worth.

Not sure what to try next, maybe a holiday to Jamaica to see if I really don’t like coconut!

Kathy xx

Lime & coconut Faux-Ribos (fake Haribos)

No comments:

Post a Comment