Monday 21 September 2015

Slimming World Fruity Weetabix Muffins

Weetabix muffins are my go to breakfast of choice but I decided to try something new and made blueberry and raspberry ones as a change.

Used the same recipe, split the mixture in two and added a couple of handfuls of raspberries to one and blueberries to another to see how they were.  On Slimming World I believe that when I cook fruit it changes the sugar composition and I’m supposed to count them as syns but I don’t, I can’t get my head round the concept.  I understand that if I juice fruit I can (and would) eat a lot more and also the fibres we break down in chewing are already broken down but no, I don’t think adding a handful of blueberries to my breakfast is a bad thing so I'm sticking to these being my Healthy B....

Now that’s cleared up (!) I’ll admit that they were good but the fruit did make them a little squidgy.  Raspberry more so than the blueberry versions but they were good for a change and I’m told that dipped in yogurt they’re even better!

Thinking I might try a different flavor in the week.  Maybe apple and cinnamon?  Will let you know…..

Blueberry & Raspberry Weetabix Muffins


Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment