Tuesday 22 September 2015

When your weight loss is a person

Right from the first stone, I’ve been interested in what my weight loss equates to in real terms.  I charted the first four stone in books, including some pretty dodgy choices by the time I’d finished but the other day I went to see my brother and as we were chatting I asked him how much my eight year old nephew weighed.  For an up to date figure my nephew obligingly weighed himself and he weighs 4 stone 12 which was at that time about 1 pound more than I’d lost.

Clearly the next thing was to pick him up and carry him about for a while to see how it would feel to instantly put my weight back on and I have to say picking him up was hard enough but I couldn’t carry him about for long without it being too much.  My knees and back started to ache and I just felt heavy.  I know that sounds silly but five stone down I’m clearly not as heavy but I don’t ‘feel’ it.  I feel smaller, lighter, I move easier and am infinitely more flexible.

My weight loss is more than an eight year old Superman


Sometimes on the weight loss journey we lose sight of how well we’ve done, no matter what the achievement every pound lost adds up.  For me it’s added up to more than my wonderful, very patient nephew weighs and I know I won’t ever put it back on.

The journey to lose weight isn’t easy, but it’s worth it.  Be kind to yourself and proud of what you achieve.

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment