Tuesday 8 September 2015

Orange and Ginger Weetabix Muffins

I swear by starting the day with a portion of Weetabix muffins and huge bowl of mixed fruit, they’re easy to make and transport so no matter what the day holds in store I can start the day off with something healthy and tasty.  I’m not bored of them (yet) however decided to try something a bit different and made orange and ginger flavor.

Basically use the same basic recipe (here) but omit the vanilla essence and instead add a capful of orange essence.  I cut back on the ground mixed spice, using only a regular (not heaped) teaspoon and added a bit more ginger powder.  They are absolutely delicious and a nice flavor difference.  Next I’m going to try lemon and ginger by swapping to lemon essence and using Greek fat free Muller Light – I’ll let you know how they go!       


                 
Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment