Friday 4 September 2015

Introducing Faux-Ribos (Slimming World Haribos)

Leading up to my decision to lose weight I discovered I liked Haribos…well, worse than that – I really liked Haribos and I was eating up to a bag a day.  When you say it like that it sounds super greedy but one or two here, one or two there and by the end of the day they’re all gone.  As is any hope of a waistline…clearly they were one of the first things I gave up especially after finding out that one Haribo was ½ a syn and I know I can’t eat just one so I stopped altogether.  

Now that’s all well and good and I wasn’t bouncing off the walls on a constant sugar rush any more but I was left with a craving for something sweet.  Normally I don’t have an especially sweet tooth (uh huh) but especially in the first few weeks I was finding the call of anything sugary almost impossible to resist.  I found some ideas online for fake Haribos and I can honestly say they’re great.  My diet and non-diet friends all really enjoy them, which let’s be honest is the key isn’t it?  If I can make a big batch of these and share them no one feels like they’ve got the short straw so I renamed them Faux-ribos (for fake Haribos) and have posted the recipe on my recipe page.

So far the taste test winning combinations are:  Orange/chocolate orange, Lime/Lemon, Raspberry/Raspberry cranberry but I’m going to try mix it up and will let you know how they are!

Kathy xx


Orange and Raspberry Faux-ribos


No comments:

Post a Comment