Saturday 5 September 2015

It’s a bacon sandwich…but not as we know it!


So the weekend’s here and in my kitchen that means another experiment into the perfect diet bacon butty. It might be my Yorkshire roots, but even 100% focused on losing weight I stubbornly refuse to give them up.  

Any of you on your own diet journey know you have to give up a lot of the food and drinks you love to lose weight, but there’s always that one thing that would take it a step too far - for me it’s the bacon butty.  This means I’ve been looking into different ways to make sure that my ‘treat’ doesn’t undo all the rest of my good work.

Today’s the turn of turkey bacon.  OK, I admit it every time I've seen it at the shop I’ve turned my nose up and filed it firmly under the header ‘Never tried it, don’t like it’ but this week I was given some to try and well, it’d just be plain old rude not to.  So I did and I have to say it’s actually really good!  

Turkey bacon & tomato in a Warburtons thin (with fruit)
 
As you can see, today’s bacon butty is in a Warburtons brown sandwich thin (also new to me).  Now while this isn’t supposed to be a Slimming World healthy B I’m ignoring that and counting is as one.  It’s 100 calories, or 5 syns if you want to count it but, well, the diet police aren’t going to arrest me over it and it’s a Healthy B in my world.  Filled with smoked turkey bacon, fresh tomato and served with a bowl of fruit it’s a great way to start my weekend and makes the Yorkshire girl in me happy.  Even if it’s not ‘proper’ bacon in a bap (or a bun, or a cob or whatever it is!) it absolutely does the trick.  

Unfile it from the things you don’t like that you never tried and give it a try.  I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised, as I was.


Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment