Thursday 24 September 2015

Diet breakfasts

I’m still working on a selection of good diet breakfasts as I think it’s really important to start the day off with something tasty and filling to eat.  

If I’m at home I have more time which equals more choices.  Often I’ll cook something like scrambled egg with bacon medallions, Heck chicken sausages (1/2 a syn each), Linda McCartney rosemary and caramelized onion sausages (free), turkey bacon sandwiches, omelets….there are loads of options but when I’m in the office I eat at my desk so I generally have cereal.  

To me, life’s too short to weigh and measure cornflakes so I used to have a couple of Weetabix with milk but found that as I’m working and eating it can take a while to get through breakfast and my Weetabix got soggy and set into this concrete like mass in the bowl.  Not a great start to my day.

I’ve posted a few times about the Weetabix muffins, but I think they’re great.  I bake them fresh every couple of days and am trying adding fruit and other flavours to see what works best.  One of the guys at work brought me apples from his garden and it’d be rude not to use them so I just made apple and blueberry muffins.  I’ve only ever used a single fruit and was interested to see how they’d work and they were great!  As I’ve said before, cooked blueberries go a bit squidgy but it’s a really nice change and a hit with slimming world and non-slimming world tasters alike…which means I feel a little bit less like I’m on a diet – perfect!!!

Blueberry & apple Weetabix muffins (at my desk!)

For us SW people you are supposed to syn cooked fruit (I refuse to, it’s silly!) but if you are, unlike me, very good there are no syns in cooked blueberries and 100g of cooked apples = 1.5 syns.  I used 1 apple in 4 portions of muffins so it’s negligible anyway!!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment